Dear Water User:
1. OFFICE HOURS: 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays. Drive-thru window during office hours. For your convenience, there is a slot in the West door for payments made after hours. Orders and requests for service after 3:00 P.M. will be implemented into the current work schedule.
2. PROPERTY OWNERSHIP TRANSFER: $100 transfer fee which includes a $5.00 refundable membership fee. If the meter has been off/locked/removed for more than six (6) months, a reactivation fee will be charged (currently $150) in addition to the above charges.
3. RENTERS DEPOSIT AND TRANSFER FEE: Residential: $100.00 fee ($75 refundable deposit and $25 transfer)
Commercial: $125.00 fee ($100 refundable deposit and $25 transfer) Deposit will be applied to final bill, balance refunded.
A. OWNER OF RENTALS: If rental account becomes vacant, owner will be responsible for monthly minimum water bill until such time as a renter applies for service. If owner refuses monthly billing, a re-activation fee will apply at time of request to restore water.
4. CYCLE BILLING: Meters are read approximately every 30 days. Cycle 1 is due and payable on the 1st day of each month. Cycle 2 is due and payable on the 15th day of each month. PAYMENT is due each month by your cycle billing due date even though a bill is not received. If you have not received a bill five days prior to your due date, you should contact the office.
5. WATER CHARGES:
Residential $15.00 for first 3,400 gals.
$.35 per 100 gallons over 3,400 gals.
Grandfathered Commercial: $17.00 for first 5,000 gals.
$.35 per 100 gallons over 5,000 gals.
Commercial (New Owner): Effective November 20, 2013 upon the transfer of ownership of a commercial property, water rates will be subject to ERUíS (Equivalent Residential Unit). Minimum commercial rate will be two (2) ERUíS ($15 x 2 = $30) includes 6,800 gallons of water. Over 6,800 gallons $.35 per 100 gallons. Rate will be defined by building size and use.
6. LATE CHARGES: If payment is not received by due date shown on the bill, a $5.00 late fee will be added to the account. If the account has not been paid in full by the following billing cycle, a final notice will be mailed (the amount due at this time will include the previous bill plus the late charge, plus the current bill). If payment is not received within 7 days, the meter will be locked for non-payment.
7. NON-PAYMENT TURN OFF: When water service has been discontinued due to non-payment of bill, service will not be restored until the bill has been paid in full (including: the delinquent amount, the current bill and a reconnect fee of $35.00). We will only reconnect during normal working hours (8:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays).
8. RE-ACTIVATED ACCOUNT: $150 reactivation fee for water restored to original owner when meter requested off for indefinite time.
9. DAMAGE TO SYSTEM: Cut lockout seal, tamper with meter, etc.: First offense $50.00; Second offense $50.00 plus removal of meter. If the meter assembly is damaged during tampering, the cost to repair will be added to the tampering fee. Since the September 11, 2001 incident at the World Trade Center, Congress has made law that tampering with a public water system is a Federal offense!!!
10. EMERGENCIES: After hour emergencies, please call 793-4236. Wait for instructions for on-call personnel.
The above was approved and adopted by unanimous vote at a regular Board of Directors meeting on November 20, 2013. Temporary residential rate amended December 8, 2008. Rate to be reinstated at discretion of the Board of Directors.